Since it is getting seriously cold outside, all I want to do lately is Netflix and Chill. I have to say though, nothing warms up my apt better than throwing some cheesy melty Italian goodness in the oven! Faux Spaghetti Parm gives you all of the support of comfort food, but none of the heavy carbs since this it isn't made of spaghetti at all, but spaghetti SQUASH! This guy also serves about 6 people so bring it to your next shindig to impress all your homies.
1. Large spaghetti squash
2. Coconut oil cooking spray
3. One jar of your favorite tomato sauce (my fave lately is Nonna's Leafy Sauce for some extra veggies)
4. 1/4 cup of grated parm
5. 1/2 lb of small unsalted mozzarella balls
6. Italian spices to taste
1. Microwave squash for 5 minutes or until you can stick a knife through it, otherwise you might need an axe to cut through this thing.
2. Cut in half lengthwise, scoop out guts and seeds in the middle. Toss the guts in the garbage.
3. Add water into the scooped out part of each half of the squash and microwave for 15 mins.
4. Let squash cool, dump water out then scoop out insides using a fork. The insides will peel right out, looking like spaghetti!
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9x13" pan with coconut oil (or any other nonstick) spray.
6. Drink wine.
7. Line the bottom of the pan with half of the spaghetti squash. Dump half the jar of sauce on, then top with spices and parm.
8. Spread the second half of the squash over the first layer. Top off with more the rest of the sauce, spices, parm.
9. Place the mozzarella balls on top of the second layer. Bake for 30 mins.